Important Notice

It is not my intention to denigrate Saudi Arabia or its people. It’s like everywhere else, there is good and there is bad. I would rather focus on the unusual and the humourous. Offence is not intended.

Politics
“The country is not perfect. The media cannot be trusted, mistreatment of religious minorities is common and there are some that live in fear.” You can decide for yourself whether that statement is about Saudi Arabia, the UK, or any country for that matter.
Religion

To quote the Joker, “Why can’t we all just get along?”

khalas.
That is all I will say about either subject.

Monday 9 April 2007

When Children Squabble...

(Possibly) A gentleman from Iran writes....

My neighbour and I share a bit of garden in front of our homes. We always argue about who owns it. One of his friends recently put all these horrible garden gnomes on it without asking me for permission.
No one ever listens to me. It’s not fair.
So one night I sneaked onto the garden and kidnapped fifteen of the garden gnomes. Nobody could stop me, it was brilliant.
I then made them stand in front of the whole neighbourhood with confessions of trespassing that I'd cleverly written for them. I told the whole compound I was considering putting them on trial. If found guilty they'd spend years locked in my garden shed or maybe even have their little red heads cut off.
My neighbour's friend was really angry. He's a big bully so I wasn't surprised when he threatened to send all his rottweilers over and I just ignored him. So then he tried to get the whole compound to ignore me and be nasty to me. But they always ignore me anyway so I didn't care.
Eventually I got bored and decided to let the gnomes go home after they apologised and promised not to sit on our little patch of grass again.
I thought giving back something that doesn't belong to me would make me look strong and magnanimous and then maybe the compound would respect me as a big man.
But still no one ever listens to me. It's not fair.

No comments: